More often, homeowners overlook the importance of a sewer service. They neglect their plumbing systems until they have to replace almost everything. If properly taken care of, these systems can last for long without needing any repairs. However, if they have got to that point when you have to call in an expert, it is important to understand exactly what they will do. Throughout the inspection of pipes, cleaning and disposing of waste water, there are specific aspects that these contractors look at.
When cleaning the drains, sewer companies try to protect your property as much as possible. They know that the leading cause of clogging is introduction of items that do not move along with water. Therefore, they will use special techniques to identify the location of these materials and remove them without having to cause damage to your property. You do not want to end up causing cracks in the walls, unnecessary marks in your gardens, or any other effects of this job.
Proper Identification of the Cause of the Problem
The right sewer service company identifies the cause of the problem and fixes it. They do not just fix the slight parts and leave as long as the water is flowing again. Sometimes, a clogged drain may mean more than what you can see. For instance, you may think that it is the accumulation of dirt when in fact, the entire system is faulty. Therefore, they will help you to come up with the right solution so that you can eliminate this problem once and for all.
Probably, you are wondering where you can find the best sewer service. If you cannot find plumbers in your area, you can search for them online. You will find lots of results, and you will not even know who to choose or who to leave out. Regardless of the choices that you make, the most important thing is to find a plumber that understand the most complex aspects of sewerage systems, and how to fix them.
If you are looking for a trusted sewer repair contractor, here is a good place to look at.
One of the things that can easily ruin anyone’s day is a clogged drain. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve got a clogged shower, kitchen sink, toilet, or bathroom sink – the problem is just frustrating.
Many people faced with a clogged drain end up having to call a plumber because they take the wrong steps in getting their drain unclogged! It’s an issue that often has to be taken care of quickly, so it’s easy to rush in and do something counterproductive just to get something to happen.
Here are the most common mistakes that Elizabeth homeowners make when it comes to drains.
1. Putting oily and/or greasy food down the drain
Just because something is liquidy doesn’t mean it should go down the sink. Grease and oil harden or congeal over time, leading to clogged drains that area a major headache.
2. Putting non-food substances or food waste in the sink.
That sink, garbage disposal, or toilet doesn’t amount to an easy landfill substitute. So many things end up in the sink, causing homeowners to call a drain service. If you doubt whether it should go down the drain, don’t try it!
3. Pouring boiling water or vinegar in a clogged drain
You’ll find this home clog busting remedy all over Pinterest and Google, but it’s bad idea. Hot water from the tap is fine, but your pipes weren’t meant for boiling temperatures. You risk causing long term pipe damage to your pipes.
4. Using liquid clog products
It would be wonderful if you could actually get a plumber in a bottle, but that’s just not how things really work. No matter what the advertisement says, professional plumbers know that real clogs aren’t touched by over the counter remedies. These products might help a slow drain, but they’re not going to come close to fixing a real clog.
If you think that a clog is too much for you, check out this list of trusted plumbers! It’s well worth the expense now to take care of the problem. Then make sure that you do the right things for your clog before you find yourself in the same situation in the future!
Bathroom mirrors are often simple things with no frame around them. For whatever reason, this was a long time trend that still lives on in homes. This can make your bathroom look unfinished at best.
Luckily, framing a bathroom mirror is quick and easy. It’s a DIY project that anyone can do!
Here are two ways to frame a bathroom mirror and upgrade your water closet’s look.
1. Use a picture frame
This is really the easiest way! Measure your existing bathroom mirror, then go on the hunt for a frame to hang around it. Check out garage sales, antique stores, and second-hand shops if you want some character and are budget conscious. All you’ve got to do then is to attach the new frame around your existing mirror and voila! You’ve upgraded your bathroom quickly and easily.
You can also check out this guide on how to frame a mirror.
2. Make a frame out of molding
If you’re a little handier or just want something more custom, you can make your own frame out of molding. Baseboard molding is a great choice. Be sure to cut the corners at a forty-five degree angle to keep them looking finished.
Paint your frame to match your décor and you’re ready to go! This DIY bathroom project is by far one of the simplest upgrades possible, and it can dramatically improve the look of your bathroom.
Measuring for a new garage door is the first step in getting the right fit and making your home more beautiful and functional. If you’ve never measured for a garage door before, then it might seem to be a bit intimidating, but with these simple steps to measure, garage door replacement can be easy.
What you’ll need to measure your garage door
- Tape measure (make sure it’s long enough to gauge the full length of the door – a digital tape measure is a great option)
- Step ladder (for easy access to every corner)
- A level (to ensure that your garage door opening is plumb)
- A helper (to make stretching the tape measure easier)
- Pen and paper (to write everything down)
Steps to measuring a garage door
- Measure the width of the door at its widest point. From the left edge of the opening to the right edge of the opening. Use your helper or a digital tape measure.
- Record your measurement in feet and inches.
- Measure the height at the highest point. Go from the flat of the floor to the top of the opening.
- Record your measurement in feet and inches.
- Measure the width of the wall on either side of the garage door. You need as much as 3 ¾ inches for the vertical track. If you have a double garage door, you’ll need to account for 10 inches of width for the center post.
- Measure the distance from the top edge of the door opening to the garage ceiling. Known as the headroom, this is the space that you’ll have for the garage door to roll up into when it’s open.
- Measure the distance from the garage door to the back of the garage. Known as backroom, this is an important piece of the puzzle because this is where your door is going to go when it’s up. Sectional doors require the height of the door plus an additional fifteen inches (for manual doors) or eighteen inches (for automatic doors).
With these quick and easy steps, you can measure the fit for your replacement garage door or your new garage door in less than half an hour if you’ve got a solid helper to get things moving!
If you can’t get your door working correctly, and you decide you need a new one, here is a good place to look.